Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This is the time. This is the place. You are the person.

I've never done this before. Blogging, that is. Well, maybe once when I was with the Tiger-Cats during training camp back in 2007. I had just gotten drafted and thought that it might be a good idea to chronicle what it was like for someone in my position to go through the daily routine of a CFL football player in camp. But that was then and this is now, and my how things have changed.

For one, I no longer play competitive football. The ten years of experience I have had was interesting to say the least and clad with high's and low's. I'm all about the experience. That's one thing you'll learn about me. Secondly, I did something I've wanted to do for quite some time: become a personal trainer.

My motivation as a personal trainer comes from people who share the same passion as I do for personal fitness. I initially took on the position of personal trainer having only the knowledge from football training programs. Since then, my knowledge base has grown far beyond what I once had. Through speaking with various other trainers in my gym and getting a sense of their philosophies of training, as well as enrolling myself in online and in-class courses, my clients now enjoy great success in losing weight, gaining muscle and strength, improving nutritional habits and gaining a new perspective on life. They have done this through proper programming structure, habit implementation and monitoring of progress. I am a strong believer that training is not about where you are now, but having the ability to realize your true potential in the person you can become.

Through proper training, you can literally change your entire life physically, mentally, socially and emotionally. This means moving easier in every day life and having the ability to lift and pull objects without a hassle. It means bending over and walking properly without strain. This means having proper posture so that when you get older, you do not look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame (unless you want to...?) This means improving your self-esteem and self-image of yourself which in turn boosts your confidence. A boost in confidence can mean meeting someone new, or touching base with someone from the past. It can also mean a promotion, or an increase in pay due to a peak attitude. It will lead to less stress, and above all more happiness.

Does this sound like something you may be interested in?

My name is Adam and I am but one member of Burlington GoodLife's excellent training team. I believe very strongly in obtaining a commitment and dedication to constant overall improvement of the total self, which is something I strive to ingrain in my clients each and every workout.

Over the next few days, weeks, months (and years?), this blog will be constantly updated with everything from the exercise of the week to nutritional tips, pictures and videos of new types of exercises and answers to any questions you may have for me. Feel free to email me at adam.kania@goodlifemakesiteasy.com with any question or comment, or just come up and say hi. Remember: this blog is for you, to help you improve your life in whatever way it can. Visit as many times as you wish and pass it along to friends who may be interested in some of the topics I touch on.

Let's take a moment and truly be honest with ourselves. Ask yourself: Am I really happy the way I am? If you are, then that's awesome! I commend you for doing something to bring you to this point in your life. But if not, then ask yourself: What am I waiting for? At the end of the day, you want to be able to look at yourself in the mirror and have a clear conscience that you did something to improve the person staring back at you. Play every day. Be active every day. Get better every day, and do not wait.

I'll leave you with this quote, which is the inspiration for the name of this site, as well as the drive that I possess to fuel my fire each and every day. It is by Og Mandino, author of The Greatest Salesman in the World:

"I will act now. I will act now. I will act now. Henceforth I will repeat these words each hour, each day, everyday, until the words becomes as much a habit as my breathing, and the action which follows becomes as instinctive as the blinking of my eyelids. With these words, I can condition my mind to perform every action necessary for my success. I will act now. I will repeat these words again and again and again. I will walk where failures fear to walk. I will work when failures seek rest. I will act now for now is all I have. Tomorrow is the day reserved for the lazy. I am not lazy. Tomorrow is the day when the failure will succeed. I am not a failure. I will act now. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person."

Now...what are YOU waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment